New York Times Bestselling Author
America’s favorite pediatrician—the world’s #1 parenting expert and bestselling author of The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block —turns his unparalleled insight to solving parents’ #1 concern: sleep
For generations parents have been told that:
• It’s bad to wake a sleeping baby
• Babies sleep best in a quiet room
• Letting children cry to sleep is a good way to sleep train
• Infant sleep automatically gets better after 3 months of age—and those who sleep well won’t have later problems.
Wrong says child expert Dr. Harvey Karp. In The Happiest Baby’s Guide to Great Sleep, he debunks common myths, redefines our understanding of a child’s sleep needs, and gives foolproof advice on how to quickly turn nighttime shrieks into night-long serenity. Best of all, he introduces paradigm-shifting techniques new parents and even those with older children can use to get their baby to sleep soundly.
But Dr. Karp doesn’t just clear up misconceptions. He equips parents with a host of unique, sure-fire, slumber-boosting techniques, including:
• 2 Good to Be True: Two steps that train even newborns to sleep
•Beat the Odds: Cut a baby’s risk of SIDS…instantly
• Co-sleeping: How to get all the rewards with none of the risks
• Respond Right: Reduce night struggles by building confidence
•Wean the 5 S’s: Easy steps to phase out swaddling, swings, sound
• The Blessed Binky: You could stop the binky…but you don’t want to
• And much more.
Forget everything you thought you knew about how to get a child to go to sleep.
A good night’s rest for you and baby is achievable with The Happiest Baby’s Guide to Great Sleep.
Scratch and dent. Cover may have wear, dings, tears, other damage, or be missing dust jacket.