Spiritual, Practical, Real-Life Advice with a Twist of Humor
The Guy's Guide will encourage your faith, challenge you spiritually, and give you real-life advice how to live out your faith in today’s highly secularized culture, with distractions lurking around every corner. . .and just a click away.
101 real-life tips including. . .
- Today’s nerd is tomorrow’s boss.
- If you have to look over your shoulder to check if anyone’s in the room, you probably shouldn’t be typing it into the search engine.
- Learn a skill that would help you survive a zombie apocalypse.
- Losing your temper feels really good. . .for about 17 seconds. Keeping your cool feels even better. . .for the rest of the week.
- Realize most bad choices usually began five choices ago.
- If you have a TV in your bedroom, unplug it right now and move it to another room.
. . .and dozens more helpful hints provide spiritual, practical, and even humorous advice for navigating the challenges of your teen years with confidence and wisdom.
“Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity,
God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Romans 12:1–2 msg
JONATHAN MCKEE is the author of over a dozen books including Get Your Teenagers Talking, Should I Just Smash My Kid's Phone, and The Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide for Teenagers.