Holiness is experiencing a renaissance both within and beyond the church today. Based on years of conversations with students, this approachable theological introduction to the Christian doctrine of holiness challenges the commonly held idea that holiness is primarily a moral category. The author explains that holiness is grounded not in ethics but in the basic nature of God;it is essentially and exclusively a divine property. The book highlights the Bible's necessary and corrective role in defining holiness and shows how individual holiness is grounded in the community that is the church catholic.
1. The Desire and Need for Holiness
2. A Biblical Definition of Holiness
3. A Theological Investigation of Holiness
4. Holiness and the Nature and Purpose of Humanity
5. Holiness and the Nature and Problem of Sin
6. Holiness and the Nature and Goal of Salvation
7. Holiness and the Nature and Goal of the Church