God doesn't demand hectic church programs and frenetic schedules;he only wants his people to know him more intimately, says top-selling author D. A. Carson. The apostle Paul found that spiritual closeness in his own fellowship with the Father. By following Paul's example, we can do the same. This book calls believers to reject superficiality and revolutionize their lives by embracing a God-guided approach to prayer.
Previously published as A Call to Spiritual Reformation, this book has now been updated to connect more effectively with contemporary readers. A study guide, DVD, and leader's kit for the book are available through Lifeway and The Gospel Coalition.
Introduction: Neglected Prayer
1. Lessons from the School of Prayer
2. The Framework of Prayer: 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12
3. Worthy Petitions: 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12
4. Praying for Others
5. A Passion for People: 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
6. The Content of a Challenging Prayer: Colossians 1:9-14
7. Excuses for Not Praying
8. Overcoming the Hurdles: Philippians 1:9-11
9. A Sovereign and Personal God
10. Praying to the Sovereign God: Ephesians 1:15-23
11. Praying for Power: Ephesians 3:14-21
12. Praying for Ministry: Romans 15:14-33
Afterword: A Prayer for Spiritual Reformation