This series provides individuals, Bible study groups, and churches scholarly insight and practical application for each book of the New Testament to discover what it means to follow Jesus in todayâ€™s culture.
New Testament studies with solid and accessible theology for those who want to go deeper.
The book of James calls us to wisdom. Paulâ€™s letter to the Galatians compels us to a liberated life in the Spirit. Exploring the links between the time these words were written and our own times, Scot McKnight reveals the enduring relevance and importance of these two letters for our lives today.
James and Galatians both speak words of life to believers in the first century and in the twenty-first century:
- James offers us practical and relevant wisdom about the speech we use (especially considering modern means of communication), the trials we face, and the specific dangers of wealth.
- Galatians reminds us of the total sufficiency of Jesus in securing our salvation, and of the leadership of the Holy Spirit for living out our faith.
Ideal for personal reflection or group study, James and Galatians will help you see God in the biblical context so you can hear from God in your context.
In the New Testament Everyday Bible Study Series, widely respected biblical scholar Scot McKnight combines interpretive insights with pastoral wisdom for all the books of the New Testament. Each volume provides:
- Original Meaning: Brief, precise expositions of the biblical text and offers a clear focus for the central message of each passage.
- Fresh Interpretation: Brings the passage alive with fresh images and what it means to follow King Jesus.
- Practical Application: Biblical connections and questions for reflection and application for each passage.