We live in a culture obsessed with celebrity. We love winners and we want to be winners. But take it from a man who knows more famous people than most of us will ever meet--it's not who you know that's important, it's who you are inside.
In this inspiring book, Pat Williams draws from over fifty years of brushing shoulders with the greats to help you discover what it really means to be a winner. Through his short meditations on success, leadership, family and friends, impact and influence, and becoming a person of excellence, you'll meet
· a young singer who messed up the national anthem and shot to stardom anyway
· a coach who sacrificed his time to give his players the edge
· a marathon runner who knew the secret to pacing yourself
· a political outsider who confidently reached for an impossible goal
· a football player who wouldn't let a broken leg stop him from getting to the Super Bowl
· and many more ordinary people with extraordinary character
These entertaining stories of fascinating people from all walks of life will motivate you to do your best, be yourself, and continually strive to be the person God made you to be.