The classic bestseller about rejecting diet mentality. Now revised and updated for the intuitive eaters of today.
Since it was first published in 1995, Intuitive Eating has become the go-to book on rebuilding a healthy body image and making peace with food. It shows us that the problem is not us; it's that dieting, with its emphasis on rules and regulations, has stopped us from listening to our bodies. Written by Evelyn Tribole, M.S., R.D., and Elyse Resch--two prominent nutritionists who are the originators of this movement--Intuitive Eating: 4th Edition will teach you:
• How to reject diet mentality forever
• How to find satisfaction in your eating
• How to feel your feelings with kindess
• How to honor hunger and feel fullness
• How to follow the ten principles of Intuitive Eating
• How to achieve a new and safe relationship with food and, ultimately, your body
• How to raise an intuitive eater
• The incredible science behind intuitive eating
•How eating disorders can be healed through Intuitive Eating
This revised edition is entirely updated throughout. It includes new material on diet culture, weight stigma, and baby-led weaning. These expansions will help readers properly integrate intuitive eating into their daily lives and make peace with food.