Explore the mystery and the romance of the Revolutionary War as a young lighthouse keeper navigates the dangerous waters of revolution and one man’s obsession with her to find safe harbor with the sea captain she loves.
Hannah Thomas believes she’s escaped Galen Wright’s evil intentions by marrying an older lighthouse keeper. Seemingly safe in faraway Massachusetts, her world is upended when John is killed in one of the first battles of the Revolutionary War. Hannah is allowed to continue the difficult task of tending the twin lighthouses in John’s place, though she faces daily disapproval from John’s family. She thinks her loneliness will subside when her younger sister arrives, but she finds Lydia’s obsession with Galen only escalates the dangerous tides swirling around her.
A stormy night brings a shipwrecked sea captain to Hannah’s door, and though he is a Tory, her heart is as traitorous as the dark-eyed captain. Even though she discovers Birch Meredith isn’t the enemy he seemed at first, Hannah isn’t sure their love will ever see the light of freedom.
- USA TODAY bestselling author
- Stand-alone historical romance with an intriguing mystery
- Other historical fiction by Colleen Coble: Butterfly Palace, Blue Moon Promise, Safe in His Arms
- Contemporary romantic suspense from Colleen Coble: One Little Lie, Two Reasons to Run, Stands of Truth, Tidewater Inn
- Includes discussion questions for book clubs