We all want to join God in the good he is doing in our broken world, but too often we feel insufficient, too busy, not qualified, or simply too overwhelmed to really make a difference. In Doing Good is Simple, Help One Now founder Chris Marlow says there is another way---and it starts with living on mission right where you are.
What if you could become a powerful force for good in the world without moving overseas, burdening your overwhelmed family, or giving up the comforts of modern life?
Chris Marlow, founder of the global advocacy organization Help One Now, once felt paralyzed in the face of global problems. They seemed too numerous, too complicated, too big—and after all, how much can one person really do? But a wake-up call in Zimbabwe and a closer study of Scripture soon showed Chris that maybe Christians are overcomplicating how to do act justly in a broken world. Maybe all God is calling us to do is set up a lemonade stand for a good cause.
Doing Good is Simple is your practical guide to world change wherever you are. Through Chris’ own journey of an ordinary person seeking God’s good in the world, this book will:
- Empower you to make a difference where you are
- Redefine good according to God’s metrics of small, simple things with great love
- Bring global concepts down to earth for you to find your place in the area where God is calling you
- Disband the top myths we tell ourselves when it comes to world change and why we aren’t “enough”
- Free you from your first world guilt complex that drags you down
- Provide practical, accessible guidelines for getting started today