Uncovering the content, structure, and teachings of the New Testament
Understanding the New Testament is a daunting but exciting task. Our world is so different from that of the first century. The dress, travel, vocation, and custom of biblical characters are all foreign to us. Yet it is important to understand the context and content of the New Testament if we are to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ.
A Popular Survey of the New Testament is designed to help ordinary people enrich their understanding of New Testament people and events. It addresses many questions that readers of the Bible may have, such as:
· Who wrote the books of the New Testament and to whom were they writing?
· When were these books written and why?
· How can a warning about first-century Gnostics help Christians today?
· What can today’s believers get out of a letter about a slave returning to his master?
· How can we understand difficult passages in the New Testament?
Written in an easy, informal style, this survey is accessible and enjoyable to anyone who wants to better understand the New Testament.
Norman L. Geisler (PhD, Loyola University of Chicago) has taught at top evangelical colleges and seminaries for over fifty years and is distinguished professor of apologetics and theology at Veritas Evangelical Seminary in Murrieta, California. He is the author of over eighty books, including Christian Apologetics, Christian Ethics, and Systematic Theology. Learn more at www.normgeisler.com.