The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and over the centuries it has changed people’s lives and led them to God. Yet sometimes it can be a difficult book to understand. The culture in which the Bible was written is so different from our own that at times we struggle to understand what it means or how it is relevant to our modern lives.
In this 14-session video Bible study (DVD/digital sold separately), Bible professors John Walton and Mark Strauss give you the background you need to successfully understand even the difficult parts of the Word of God. They provide an overview of the Bible’s key themes, show what the teachings meant to the people at the time, and explain how those teachings apply to your life today. By the end, you will have a greater understanding of Scripture, know how all the books work together, and understand what God has done to make a way for you to come to him.
This study guide includes:
- Group discussion questions and notes to help you get the most out of the fourteen video sessions in A Brief Study of the Bible Video Study
- An overview of each book of the Bible and a daily reading plan
- Between-sessions Scripture passages, reading tips, and key stories to help you dig into the content
- Additional facts to help you understand the situations behind the story
- Joshua&emdash;1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel&emdash;2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles&emdash;Nehemiah
- Esther&emdash;Psalm 90
- Psalm 91&emdash;Song of Songs
- Mark&emdash;Acts 8
- Acts 9&emdash;Philemon
Designed for use with A Brief Survey of the Bible Video Study (sold separately).