In this six-session video-based small group Bible study,Ã‚Â bestselling author Carol Kent gives proof that you can experience grace and joy during even the lowest moments of your life.
This ParticipantÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Guide helps you decide where you stand when you are caught between a rock and a hard place: Will you place yourself in a posture of humility and complete dependence on God, or will you just Ã¢â‚¬Å“try harderÃ¢â‚¬Â and stumble over what could be a transforming encounter with grace?
Carol Kent and her husband, Gene, are living what some would call a heartbreaking lifeÃ¢â‚¬â€their son, Jason, a young man who initially had so much promise, is now living out a life sentence for murder in a maximum security prison. All their appeals have been exhausted. But despite their hopeless situation, the KentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s live a life full of grace.
With hope, joy, and a sense of humor, Carol helps you find GodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ã¢â‚¬Å“grace placesÃ¢â‚¬Â in the midst of your worst moments.
This Participant Guide provides individual and group activities, additional background material, and between-session personal studies that will enhance your experience of the video sessions.
- Grace in the Hardest of Places Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Faith
- Angels in Disguise Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Mercy
- Longing for a Better Me Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Contentment
- The Secret Power of Gratitude Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Thanksgiving
- Why Do You Weep? Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Joy
- Dwelling in the Great Place Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Surprised by Freedom
Designed for use with theÃ‚Â Between a Rock and a Grace Place Video Study (sold separately).